Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving

I wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Hopefully, it is with family. 
 
We can be thankful for so many things in our modern lives.  In typing up these early obituaries, I certainly am thankful for modern medicine, in particular.  These people led active lives and had fairly healthy diets from their farming efforts.  However, the end stages of their lives were often quite trying with pain and long drawn out invalidism.  I can't help but notice that many had strokes (or shocks as they seem to call them).  At least with our blood pressure and cholesterol medications, we seem to have less of those or at least postpone them. 

Having some dental issues of late, I have thought of how much people must have suffered with teeth gone
bad.  Imagine having extractions without novacaine.  Oye! 

 I'm very thankful for my family and being able to be with part of them for Thanksgiving.  Travel safe if you are traveling.  


No comments:

Post a Comment