Friday, June 29, 2012


Lough, Geroge B. --Hartwick Barn Fire 1932

Lantern Explodes and Fires Hartwick Barn

Hartwick, Jan. 19---a lantern falling to the floor and exploding was the cause of a fire, which yesterday morning destroyed the entire contents of a barn on the farm of George B. Lough, two miles from here. The loss is estimated at $3,000. Mr. Lough carried $1,500 in insurance.
The owner entered the barn at 6 o'clock to attend to his chores. He was going overhead upstairs on a ladder to throw down hay, when the lantern fell and exploded. Mr. Lough was able to save 20 head of cattle and three horses. A quantity of hay, grain and tools were destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment