Oliver, Clifford 1920-1935 Sidney NY Obituary
Lad of 15 Dies After Eating Food
Found on Sidney Village Dump
Sidney, March 17 (special)---Clifford Oliver, 15 years old, a student in the sixth grade of the Sidney school, died at Sidney hospital Friday night of ptomaine poisoning which it is though resulted from eating food found on the village dump The lad attended school Wednesday, but it was noticed that he was not feeling well. Late Friday he was taken to the hospital where death followed in a few hours. Dr. P. S. Young and Dr. R. H. Loomis of Sidney both attended the lad but found he was beyond help.
Clifford Oliver was born in McDonough May 22, 1920, and had lived there until the family moved to Sidney some months ago. Surviving are his father, Charles E. Oliver, and five brothers and sisters. The body was taken to McDonough for funeral and interment Monday.
The family will have the sincere sympathy of the whole community in the unfortunate accident.
Clifford's mother was Mary G. (Aiken) Oliver who died in 1930. Clifford as well as his father and mother are buried at Union Cemetery in McDonough, Chenango County, NY.
Transcribed from a scrapbook in The Mary Boice Gale Collection.